Here at the Livewell Southwest Academy, we are now offering Mask Fitting sessions following identification a need within our local community and beyond. FFP3 masks, used for aerosol generating procedures and to protect against respiratory borne pathogens, need to be fitted correctly in order to protect the wearer from leaks.
Places of work that would most likely benefit from these mask fitting sessions include: GP surgeries, hospitals, dental practices, care homes and nursing homes, among others.
Within our sessions, you will receive the following:
– The importance of RPE
– Selection of adequate and suitable RPE
– Examination of RPE and the ability to identify faulty masks
– The external factors that may affect the fit of the facepiece or the fit
– The actual fit test and fit test exercises
– The test result and when you may need re-testing
These sessions are available to book now – we can either come to a location of your choice or we can host you at the Academy. To find out more about these sessions and how you can book one, please contact us via email or phone.