This course will give delegates a greater understanding of what Parkinson's Disease is, looking at the different stages of the condition as well as the current tratments and techniques available.
Objectives/Aims of Course
For attendees to gain a greater understanding of what Parkinson’s Disease is. Different stages of the condition will be explored, as well looking at the different types of Parkinson’s. Current treatments and techniques will be discussed for the condition as well as further developments and research in this area.
- What is Parkinson’s? Signs and symptoms
- Exploration of the 4 main stages of Parkinson’s
- Drug treatments and helpful interventions
- Current research and local pathways
- Future developments and ideas in Parkinson’s
- Signposting to further courses and information
Each delegate will be issued with a certifcate of attendance
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
- Anyone with an interest to learn more about Parkinson's
- Clinical and AHP staff may benefit from this as a refresher