SafeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 16, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Education Panel Cost - £42 per person
Please do not book your place until you have received approval from the Education Panel. Doing so will result in your booking being rejected.
Objectives/Aims of Course
Over the course of the training, you will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is targeted at people who are in public facing jobs, who regularly interact with a lot of people, for example those in professions like Security, Receptionists, Teachers, Care Workers.