This course is delivered by a combination of Occupational Therapists and will help to give attendees an understanding of the seven sensory systems.
Education Panel Cost - £48 per person
Please do not book your place until you have received approval from the Education Panel. Doing so will result in your booking being rejected.
Objectives/Aims of Course
This course will help you to understand the difficulties that people with learning dissabilities will have with sensory needs.
This half-day course will help you:
- Have an understanding of the seven sensory systems.
- Understand that we all have sensory needs and preferences.
- Increase your awareness of people’s different sensory needs.
- Understand the difficulties people with a learning disability may have with their sensory processing.
- To recognise that some behaviours may be due to other causes, other than sensory processing problems.
This course will provide a certificate of training for Sensory Awareness.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to increase their awareness of people’s different sensory needs.