This one day course will increase your awareness of the communication skills and needs that people with a learning disability have.
Education Panel Cost - £60 per person
Please do not book your place until you have received approval from the Education Panel. Doing so will result in your booking being rejected.
Objectives/Aims of Course
To increase your awareness of the communication skills and needs that people with a learning disability have. This course will also attendees to learn and practice some skills that can facilitate more effective communication, both with people who may have good verbal skills, and with people who have more limited or no speech.
This course will include:
- The importance of communication
- How and why communication breaks down
- Understanding different levels of communication skills
- Ways of reducing communication breakdown
- Practical strategies that can help to reduce communication breakdown including use of pictures and signing to back up speech
This course will provide a certificate of training for Total Communication
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This one day course is aimed at those wanting to increase their awareness of the communication skills and needs that people with a learning disability have.