Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) is an interactive and practical course that will build individuals’ confidence and understanding about how to raise and respond to alcohol issues in an effective way.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the training, participants will:
• Be more knowledgeable about alcohol
• Provide simple advice and deliver a brief intervention
• Be able to signpost people to appropriate services
• Have useful techniques to help individuals to reduce their drinking
• Develop confidence to raise and respond to alcohol issues in everyday life and working practices
• Have the skills to deliver alcohol IBA
This course will award delegates a certificate of attendance that is mapped to DANOS Unit AH10.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is suitbale for individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education, who are aged 16 or over and living or working in or around the Plymouth area.