An interactive full day workshop aimed at developing advanced communication skills in health professionals working with people, their families and carers at the end of life.
What you need to know -
You need to Arrive on time, no more then 5 minutes early as there is no waiting area, so you will be going straight into training rooms
No Facility to store food or make drinks
No Coffee Machiene Avaliable
Objectives/Aims of Course
• To develop your communication skills and confidence, including in relation to palliative and end of life care
• To provide a supportive environment for health professionals to develop and reflect on their practice through participation and shared learning.
- Introduction to models of effective communication
- Advancing existing communication skills
- Sharing experiences of challenging conversations and developing best practice
- Experiential learning approach with the opportunity for bespoke professional development
- Application in palliative and end of life care
- To feel more confident and comfortable during challenging conversations
- To develop ways of managing yourself in challenging situations
- To balance being empathic and effective
- To raise awareness about what makes effective communication
- To improve knowledge and understanding of supportive frameworks
- To practice communication skills
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
- Front line nursing, medical or allied health professional staff requiring advanced communication skills for their work with people at the end of life.
- This course is a pre-requisite for the Treatment Escalation Plan training course.