An update course for those who have previously attended the Introduction to Ear Care course,
based on the guidelines published by the Rotherham Primary Ear Care Centre.
Objectives/Aims of Course
At the end of the study day the learners should:
- Have a theoretical knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- Be able to recognise various conditions that can affect the ear, know how to treat them and advise on prevention.
- Be able to carry out holistic assessments and plan an appropriate plan of care for patients.
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment, including decontamination.
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique when carrying out:
- Otoscopy - on each other
- Instrumentation/ irrigation - on an educational model
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Conditions that can affect the ear
- Health promotion
- Contra indications to irrigation
This course will provide a Certificate in Training for an Update in Ear Care
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
For Nurses and Advanced Practitioners who have previously attended the Introduction to Ear Care course and are looking to update their knowledge. This course is not suitable for HCAs.