An update course for those who have previously attended the Introduction to Ear Care course,
based on the guidelines published by the Rotherham Primary Ear Care Centre.
What you need to know -
You need to Arrive on time, no more then 5 minutes early as there is no waiting area, so you will be going straight into training rooms
No Facility to store food or make drinks
No Coffee Machiene Avaliable
Objectives/Aims of Course
At the end of the study day the learners should:
- Have a theoretical knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- Be able to recognise various conditions that can affect the ear, know how to treat them and advise on prevention.
- Be able to carry out holistic assessments and plan an appropriate plan of care for patients.
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment, including decontamination.
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique when carrying out:
- Otoscopy - on each other
- Instrumentation/ irrigation - on an educational model
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Conditions that can affect the ear
- Health promotion
- Contra indications to irrigation
This course will provide a Certificate in Training for an Update in Ear Care
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
For Nurses and Advanced Practitioners who have previously attended the Introduction to Ear Care course and are looking to update their knowledge. This course is not suitable for HCAs.