This course aims to provide an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act including deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Objectives/Aims of Course
This course aims to provide an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. It will also cover assessing capacity and recording Best Interest decision making.
The training will be a mixture of theory and practical sessions, requiring delegate participation and will help delegates;
- Understand the statutory principles of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and their relationship to practice
- Understand how to conduct Capacity Assessments and record the outcomes
- Understand how to record Best Interest decision making
- Understand the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
- Have a good knowledge of the recent case law developments regarding DOLS and MCA
- Know what to do if it is possible that a Deprivation of Liberty is occurring
This course will provide a certifiate of Training for Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
The session is aimed at delegates who will be working with people subject to the provisions of the Act.