This whole day course aims to provide all attendees with an understanding of the scope
of the Mental Health Act, its statutory requirements and the practicalities of working
with patient’s subject to the Act.
Objectives/Aims of Course
This whole day course aims to provide all delegates with an understanding of the scope of the Mental Health Act, its statutory requirements and the practicalities of working with patients subject to the Act by covering all of the topics listed below in the course programme.
- Understand the Guiding Principles of the Code of Practice and their links to care planning.
- Understand the statutory requirements for detention and their purpose for Part 2 and Part 3 patients.
- Understand the Consent to Treatment provisions of the Mental Health Act.
- Understand the sections of the Mental Health Act relating to patient’s rights.
- Understand the criteria and implications of Community Treatment Orders and how they work in Practice.
- Understand the requirements of reports for Tribunals and Hospital Managers Hearings.
- Understand the MHA Node on SystmOne and locate report templates.
- Have the opportunity to take part in a Q&A Session.
This course will provide a certificate of Training for the Mental Health Act.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
The session is aimed at delegates who will be working with people subject to the provisions of the Act.