This course is aimed at Care Workers who have clients with Diabetes and would like to
increase their knowledge.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the session learners will;
- Have an understanding of National Statistics and incidents of Diabetes and the differences between type 1 and type 2.
- Medication management, including insulin
- Causes, treatment and management of high and low Blood Glucose levels
- Day to day management and simple dietary advice
- Possible complications and monitoring
This course is an interactive session, delivered using a mix of PowerPoint, quizzes and visual handouts covering;
- National Statistics
- Medication Management
- Managing high and low Blood Glucose levels
- Simple dietry advice
- Complications and monitoring
There will be a practical element to this training if the Blood Glucose monitoring is included.
This course will provide a Certificate for training on Diabetes Awareness
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is aimed at care workers who have clients with Diabetes and would like to increase their knowledge.
This course can also include Blood Glucose monitoring, if required.