SafeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 16, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Objectives/Aims of Course
Over the course of the training, you will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
• Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
• Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
• Access to support from a local community resource person
• Powerful audiovisual learning aids
• The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
• Hands-on skills practice and development
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is targeted at people who are in public facing jobs, who regularly interact with a lot of people, for example those in professions like Security, Receptionists, Teachers, Care Workers.
• 40% Discount if you have been trained as a Wellbeing Champion through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
We can also arrange bespoke courses for larger groups (12-20 people) where we offer every one in ten places go free.