This course is an interactive and practical session to help you to develop your
confidence and have a better understanding of mental health and wellbeing,
how it can be improved and protected using the Five Ways to Mental Health & Wellbeing,
and how and where to get the right support
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the training, participants will:
• Develop their confidence to talk about mental health and wellbeing in everyday life and working practices
• Have a better understanding of mental health and wellbeing, and how it can be improved and protected
• Be more confident to play a part in improving the health of a local community, workplace or organisation
• Be more able to identify and signpost to local services that can be used to support mental health and wellbeing
• Be more able to appreciate equality of esteem between physical and mental health and the mind/body relationship.
• Be more able to improve mental health and wellbeing using the “Five Ways to Mental Health and Wellbeing”
• Support the Workplace Wellbeing Charter Requirements.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is suitable for Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education, who are aged 16 or over and living or working in or around the Plymouth area.