This course is an introductory mental health awareness course that enables participants
to gain a wider understanding of some of the issues surrounding mental health and how
to work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Have an understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- Gain a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- Have an introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Gain confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware from Mental Health First Aid England.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is suitable for individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education, who are aged 16 or over.