Drug and alcohol use is very common in society, and features in a lot of presentations
in health settings. Understanding drug and alcohol effects, risks, and the contributory factors to
developing dependence is very useful in decision making that helps people improve their health.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the course, participants will have an increased awareness of:
- the physical and psychological effects of drugs and alcohol
- the treatment options available to drug and alcohol users
- UK drug and alcohol laws
- the appropriate support agencies available for drug and alcohol users
- Drugs and their effects
- Harms and Risks
- Overdose Awareness
- Definitions of Dependence
- Harm reduction
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Why People Use
- Drug Laws
- Overview of Treatment and Local Services
- Prescribing in Drug and Alcohol Treatment
A certificate of attendance will be issued to delegates on completion of the course.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
Anyone who has patient contact would benefit from this course, however non clinical staff can also benefit from an understanding of the issues involved in patient presentations.
Livewell staff, please contact email@example.com if you require the staff discount code