Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a two-day intensive, interactive and practical training course which provides participants with information, tools and techniques to support individuals who might be experiencing mental or emotional distress.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone hurting themselves or others.
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- Use ALGEE, a unique memory tool for conducting Mental Health First Aid
- Practice as an accredited Mental Health First Aider
This is a standard MHFA training course however its aim is to target those working in the music industry, therefore the participants provide the common theme and the content is explored and made relevant to this audience. It is also a good opportunity to network with likeminded people and share good practice around preventing and identifying mental Ill-health within this group.
Upon course completion, each delegate will receive a certificate of accreditation
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
This course is for individuals, carers, groups, teams or organisations working in the music industry who are aged 16 or over.
- MHFA training is subsidised and is £90 per person (MHFA recommend their courses to be £300 per person).
- 40% Discount if you have been trained as a Wellbeing Champion through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
Please contact email@example.com to discuss bespoke course options.