This course will help you gain an understanding of Continence, Bowel Management and Catheterisation. If you provide advice and support on the promotion and management of Continence, and are competent in the Aseptic technique, this course is a must.
Objectives/Aims of Course
To provide advice, support and information on the promotion and management of continence. There are two aspects to the training, urinary and bowel which tie in together based on the core subject of continence.
- The importance of Urinalysis Results
- Bowel and catheter care management
- DRE, DRS, Manual Evacuation techniques
- Effective fluid and bowel charting (and the importance)
- Catheter care and safe catheterisation insertion (Male, Female and Suprapubic)
The course will provide a certificate of attendance for Continence Bowel Management, Assessment and Catheter Training.
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
Delegates are required to have Aseptic Technique competency completed prior to course attendance.